Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Cell Phones?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cell Phones?

    Which service is best? I am looking for something to use here and in Bell County KY without any extra fees.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phones?

    i dont believe Alltel is too good in Kentucky.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phones?

    The last Alltel map I saw had KY cut out completely.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_red_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phones?

    Cingular has a deadlock on pretty much all of Kentucky, they will be just about the only ones you can use. However, it won't work in most parts of Southwest Virginia.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phones?

    I have Verizon and it has the greatest geographic coverage in the United States.

    I know there are not stores anywhere here in Wise County, the closest place you could get Verizon is probably the Tri-Cities but I NEVER roam anywhere.

    Sitting here at home in Norton I have perfect service in my house, elsewhere in the county I'll get "extended service" which isn't roam, and it's still digital. I can't use stuff like web browsing though (which I never use anyways).

    Heck I even got great service when I went to Puerto Rico last year (being a U.S. Territory and all).

    Service Coverage Map
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phones?

    going through kentucky flat out sucks, with Verizon or Alltel. About halfway into the state, and they have that bluegrass coverage thing, and it's roaming charges for Verizon/Alltel. Always been that way. When I signed up for Verizon, they warned me about Kentucky. Since it's Cingular's state.

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Cell Phones?

    I don't care where you are in the USA, if your Alltel/Verizon phone picks up a cingular tower, you will be charged roaming.

    Alltel, Verizon and Sprint have a roaming agreement.

    But Cingular is a GSM network, which means any phone can pick up a Cingular tower, but a Cingular phone is unable to pick up a Verizon, Alltel or Sprint tower. Hence Cingular would be stupid to have a roaming agreement with a company when thier customers still wouldn't get service where a Cingular tower isn't present.

    This is why i'm praying that Cingular does not move into this area. If it does i'll be paying alot of money to get out of my Alltel contract.

    By the way Cingular will be no more within the next year or so, they are going back to AT&T Wireless.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phones?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Which service is best? I am looking for something to use here and in Bell County KY without any extra fees.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    If you go to Ky. you could have a problem getting back out. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phones?

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Which service is best? I am looking for something to use here and in Bell County KY without any extra fees.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    If you go to Ky. you could have a problem getting back out. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Fine by me! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •